Retail Terms and Conditions
- All orders will be posted the next working day (unless an alternate date has been specified).
- UK - Special Delivery guarantees arrival by 1 pm the following working day. Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 for do not have guaranteed delivery times.
- OVERSEAS - Deliveries overseas will take longer. Please contact us for estimated delivery times for your particular country.
Try Before You Buy Purchases of Baby Carriers and Slings
- Carriers purchased on the try-before-you-buy scheme can be used as much as you like within the 2 week trial period. If within this time you would like to return the carrier, it needs to be returned in the original packaging with all accessories and in an undamaged condition.
- Please contact us BEFORE returning the carrier so we can advise the best method of return.
- After checking the carrier over, to ensure it is all complete and undamaged, you will be refunded the purchase price, minus the relevant two-week hire fee. The buyer is responsible for any return postage costs.
- If you wish to return a new product purchased (as opposed to a hire carrier or try-before-you-buy scheme), please contact us within 14 days of receipt of your order. Please contact us BEFORE returning any item so we can advise the best method of return and discuss whether you would like an exchange or refund. You then have 14 days after contacting us in which to return it.
- If you do not contact us prior to returning your purchase we will presume the item has been used and is being returned on the Try-Before-You-Buy scheme (see above).
- No additional postage will be charged for a direct exchange (e.g. a different size/colour of the same product). Unless the item is faulty, the buyer is responsible for any return postage costs. If the item is faulty, only the basic Royal Mail 2nd class postage option will be refunded (not any additional payment for 1st class or Special Delivery).
- All items will be fully checked upon receipt to ensure they are unused and in a resaleable condition. If an item shows signs of wear or is returned without packaging, you will not be unable to exchange it, but a partial refund may be offered at our discretion.
- If the product was damaged in transit, please let us know before returning it, with photos of it in the condition it arrived in, and return it with the original packaging so we can seek compensation from Royal Mail.
- If you have paid by bank transfer, please include account details for the refund to be paid to, either by e-mail or with your returned item(s).
- Refunds will be applied to the original payment method used for the order, within 7 days of receiving the returned item(s).
Contact Details for Returns/Exchanges
- Please contact us BEFORE returning any item.
- You can contact us by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name, order number and date of purchase.
- If you return the item without first notifying us you may not receive a refund if it is lost or damaged in transit.
- The address for authorised returns is: Bambino Baby, 14 Whittington Road, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4FP.
Sling Hire Terms and Conditions
Contact details must be provided each time you hire a carrier/carriers with your full name, address, e-mail and mobile number. Loan charges will be recorded on a hire form for you, together with the carrier(s) hired, any accessories and the date due back.
Loan Cost and Duration
- Up to three carriers may be borrowed at any time.
- The standard loan period is up to 2 weeks. You may borrow a carrier for a longer period by adding additional weeks at checkout. If doing this, please check the listing to ensure the carrier isn't reserved for any of the time period you'd like..
- Each carrier loan costs £15 (depending on carrier value) for up to 2 weeks.
- Providing the carrier is not reserved, the hire period may be extended up to a total of 3 months at a charge of £7.50 for each additional week (up to a total hire fee of £60 for the 3 month period). This must be agreed upon and payment made BEFORE each additional hire period commences.
- A fully refundable deposit is required for each loan. The deposit amount is dependable on the value of the carrier being borrowed and will be returned in full following the timely return of the carrier, undamaged, with all instructions and any accessories.
- The replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions will be paid for out of your deposit. Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- Loan costs are payable in advance by card, Paypal, bank transfer or cash (if hired in person at a Consultation).
- Loan deposits are payable in advance by card, Paypal, bank transfer or cheque.
- For any days overdue that had not been agreed by us we will charge £2 per day late fees. These fees will be deducted from your deposit.
- Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by us before the end of the loan period (this also allows for things like postage delays).
- Under extreme circumstances fines may be waived at our discretion.
- If we do not hear from you within 30 days from the start of your loan, we will consider the carrier lost and keep your full deposit.
Standard Carrier Loans
- Returns can be made by post to 14 Whittington Road, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU31 4FP or, in person, to Bambino Baby.
- The carrier may be returned by post at your own cost and risk. See section 7. "Postal Carrier Loans/Returns" for details.
Postal Carrier Loans/Try-Before-You Buy
- Hire period starts on the day the carrier is recorded as delivered (or the first attempted delivery, if delivery is unsuccessful)
- When returning the carrier via post you are responsible for it until it arrives. For this reason, we recommend you send with a Signed For or Tracked service. 'Royal Mail Signed For' insures carriers up to the value of £50, 'Royal Mail Tracked' insures carriers up to the value of £150, 'Royal Mail Special Delivery' insures carriers up to £750.
- Please retain proof of postage until the carrier has been confirmed as safely received.
- Please ensure you allow sufficient time for the carrier to arrive on or before its return date.
- Please ensure that the carrier, instructions and any accessories are packaged appropriately. If the carrier does not come boxed we request that you 'double-bag' the carrier and write the address on both layers.
- Carriers should be returned to: Bambino Baby, 14 Whittington Road, Petersfield, GU31 4FP or, in person, to the Bambino Baby shop.
Condition of the Carrier
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
- When a carrier is received by post, any breaks or flaws that prevent its use should immediately be reported to the Library on receipt of the carrier. In such cases the hire fee will be refunded in full on return of the carrier, however, postal fees cannot be refunded.
- It is the borrower's responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
Safe Use of Carriers
- All carriers are provided with manufacturers instructions for safe use. If for any reason they are not supplied it is the borrower's responsibility to ask for a copy of the manufacturer's instructions.
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions given.
- All carriers are extremely safe when used properly, however, misuse can cause injury to yourself or child. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are using the carrier correctly and that your baby is safe at all times. Bambino Baby inc. South East Slings cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while carrying your child, change the carrying position or remove the carrier.
- If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you're doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you're getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
Care of Carriers
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have also been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
- Please do not wash the carrier. We will clean all carriers regularly and know how to deal with the usual marks. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on loan to you, please contact us first for advice.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damaged beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of Roamy or Bambino Baby inc. South East Slings at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion. Roamy has put some of her personal collection into the Library Catalogue; these slings may be removed from hire without notice.